Saturday, March 13, 2010

We did it!

They say the first year is the hardest...we did it! We celebrated our one year anniversary this weekend. We decided to splurge and we got a room at the Anniversary Inn in Logan. We stayed in the Artic Themed room. It has icecicles hanging from the ceiling, peguins, sea otters, polar bears and such. It was a lot of fun. We got a copy of our wedding video before we went up so we got to watch that for the first time, so fun to remember that day!
My mom saved the top tier of our wedding cake...we didn't want to but she did anyway. So we opened it and found a bunch of notes inside and yes we ate a piece...ew. We didn't really think the whole thing through when we made the cake. We weren't planning on keeping it so we didn't really like the flavor we did on top. So we ate some just to tell my mom we did :)
We went out to eat the the Texas Roadhouse. We enjoyed yummy fresh baked rolls, stead and ribs.
This was our breakfast the morning of our anniversary!

we are glad we were married a year ago...the weather today sucked!!! We drove home in snow but we made it!
Happy 1 year Anniversary Scott! I love you more than our wedding day! You always make me smile, laugh, help me with all my crazy projects and cakes, you are the best husband! love ya.

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

Happy Anniversary! I usually am oblivious to what the date is because I just stay home. I know what day of the week but not the date. Well this morning I actually looked at the date for something and thought about you guys. I'm glad you had fun.

Hayden said...

WOW! one year great work everybody! We love having Scott in the family... and we hope he likes having us around as well. Great Pics!!!!

Kent Poulson said...

Congratulations. Keep working as hard to make it a successful marriage and you will find you love each other more every year. We love you both and thanks for taking your cake. (More room in the freezer.)

The Porters said...

I have always wanted to stay at that anniversary inn! Looks like fun :) congrats on the one year!! Ps we thought our cake was absolutely gross after a year too. But I bet having the notes in there was fun to read

Jalaine Lassek said...

Happy Anniversary!
What a sweet room! Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! And I agree with Lindsay our cake was so gross too!