Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hallie's birthday

Hayden and Cheyenne asked me to make a ballerina themed cake for my niece Hallie. She turned 3!!! We had a birthday party for her and she had her tutu and crown. Everyone got their own crowns to wear. We played pin the tutu on the ballerina, ring around the rosies and a special ballerina princess left a clue for a treasure, so we went on a treasure hunt. It was a lot of fun. hallie was so cute, showing us all of her ballet moves she has learned, she is quite the ballerina. I love how she walks around on her tippie toes!
So my FAVORITE thing of the evening...Hayden was cutting the cake and Hallie says in her sweet voice "Daddy, why are you cutting my tutu?"


For her cake i made a funfetti and strawberry cake covered with fondant. The tutu, bow and "slinky's" (spirals on top) are made of fondant. The ballerina slippers are made of gumpaste. The letters on top are made of royal icing. I had a lot of fun making this since it was PINK!!!
Happy Birthday Hallie!!! We love you and are so happy to have you as our niece!

5 comments:

Kent Poulson said...

Great Cake and so well done as usual. I will get some copies of the pictures I took also since they will show the inside as well.

The Porters said...

Love the cake! You are seriously so talented :) Love the little ballet shoes too

KellyAnn said...

Your cakes are amazing. Wish I enjoyed working with fondant. You do a great job!

Jalaine Lassek said...

very cute!

Amanda said...

That is adorable! Lucky Hallie! :)